Burlington Christian Academy (BCA) is located in Burlington, Ontario Canada. In 1975 the school began at Park Avenue Church in the Aldershot community of Burlington with 3 teachers and 12 students. This was the vision of Mary Sift, the wife of Pastor Sift of Park Avenue Church. In 1989, the school moved to Park Bible Church (now Compass Point Bible Church), just east of our current location on the North Service Road.
BCA has grown to become Burlington’s leading Christian Elementary school. In 2000, the school incorporated as a separate entity from Park Bible Church to form Burlington Christian Academy. On September 10, 2001, parents, students, staff, and board members proudly opened a brand new 25,000 square foot education facility on the western edge of Burlington. Over 160 students in in grades JK through 8 are able to partake in one of the most progressive educational programs in Southern Ontario.
We are a unique school in our program offerings; there is no school like BCA! Aside from the regular curriculum (we teach according to the Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum guidelines), we offer special programs including, Advanced Level Programming of Athletics (ALPA), EdVenture, Curtain Call, Lunch Box Theatre, Discovery, and Junior Programming, that add to the quality and excitement of a student’s learning experience.
The school is owned and operated by a parent sponsored board of directors and operates as an inter-denominational school. BCA students represent 19 different denominations and 23 churches from the greater Burlington area. BCA follows the Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum and is a member of the Edvance Christian Schools Association.
We are thankful for the staff and parents/guardians who have dedicated themselves to Christian education at Burlington Christian Academy. We praise God for His faithfulness and pray that together we will continue to honour God in our education endeavours.
Our Campus & Facility
Our facility features a full sized gymnasium, music room, computers on wheels (carts travel from class to class), and oversized, sunlit classrooms. The school is situated on a beautiful seven acre campus which offers large sport fields and a play centre for the younger grades. A beautiful conservation area surrounds the campus providing access to hiking trails and outdoor study opportunities.
That all students may know Christ and share their faith, living it out daily as they become successful learners
Statements of Commitment
To promote its mission, Burlington Christian Academy pledges the following:
- To employ qualified dedicated staff who have a genuine commitment to Jesus Christ and who model a Christ like behaviour.
- To enable students to internalize a Biblical worldview and to create opportunities for them to serve and act upon their faith in the local and global community.
- To encourage parents, in partnership with the school, to be involved in, and responsible for, their child’s education.
- To utilize and refine teaching and learning strategies that challenges all students to achieve their individual potential.
- To utilize excellent educational curricula, technology and materials to maximize student learning.
- To promote high levels of achievement in literacy and numeracy.
- To demonstrate respect for the dignity and rights of each individual where tolerance and caring are actively fostered.
- To ensure a safe, clean and orderly school environment.
- To provide opportunities beyond the classroom for students to participate and excel in the arts, athletics and other areas of interest.
- To encourage, support and reward education and professional growth of all faculty.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God.
(II Timothy 3:15; II Peter 1:21)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
(Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the sinfulness of human nature, and that persons are justified by grace through faith alone in the atoning blood of Christ.
(John 3:16-21; John 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5)
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved unto eternal life, and of the lost unto judgement.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galations 3:26-28)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18)